A year ago I wrote a post about my undying love for Bollywood songs. Since that year not much has changed though. I still love Bollywood music a lot. I am still a die-hard fan of the Saavn app that still changes its user interface to make the user experience even better. Love you Saavn!
Do you know the Facebook plugin/app, On This Day, that reminds you about what you’ve shared with your friends each year on that day. Ironically enough, last year and the year before I shared music themed status updates. I wasn’t even conscious of doing that or had a strategic reason for posting a certain themed message on my personal Facebook profile.
What’s more ironic or maybe just something my inner nerd notices, is the sequence of the days. My first music themed status update was on Sunday 11th august 2013, the second was on Monday 11th august 2014 and this music post is on Tuesday 11 august 2015. Sorry if I am breaking the Music Monday code but come on this post had to be shared today right?
What am I listening to?
Right now at this very moment, I am listening to Nancy Ajram’s album Betfakar Fi Eih – Lamset Eid.
When I woke up I opened my Saavn’s Facebook which feels like a blessing when I open it. The user interface O my God.
Sorry went off topic again. I listened to:
- Manmarziyan from the Movie Lootera. I absolutely love this song
- Judaai from the move Badlapur. Rekha Bhardwaj is just Su-Per
- Jeena Jeena from the movie Badlapur. Really into this movie but haven’t seen it yet. *shame*
- Tarkeebein from Band Baaja Baarat. I put this song on when I need a boost or extra motivation to finish a task. It’s also a very nice song when you need to stay focused and keep your eye on your goal.
- Mast Magan from 2 states. Saw the movie and I must say the Bollywood landscape is gradually changing but this change happened even before the movie came out.
- Janam Janam from Phata Poster Nikhla Hero. This song has a different story. My best friend from Suriname asked my to sing this song to her as she wanted to hear how it would sound. After practicing for a 40 minutes I send her a voice note. But since that day, which was last week, I can’t stop listening to this song. The singer of this song, Atif Aslam 😍, also holds a very emotional place in both our hearts, since it was the first concert we saw together. Reminiscing those moments I wanted to know when he performs in The Netherlands and he is! This september 5th he is coming to the Netherlands. It’s like my ears vibrate from listening to his deep beautiful voice.
- Laal Ishq from Ram Leela. I really don’t have any words for this song…
- Inhin Logo Ne from a playlist called Mujhras From Films.
- Aiyo Piyaji from Chakravyu, yet a song from which the movie I have never seen but one I really like. It sounds so classy as if it drags the emotion into the song.